Dr J's Sex Facts

Fun sex facts and accurate information from a clinical sexologist for a hotter and more fulfilling sex life.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gobble, Gobble…

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
Pablo Picasso

Sorry I fell off the grid last week. I’ll just say two words in my own defense: “Killer” and “Flu” (the gift no one wants to unwrap). But now I’m back; and though I might not be ready to party like a rock star, I sure am ready to talk sex (so what else is new?).

The Main Course

So what’s on the menu for this week? Three guesses and the first two don’t count. Survey says: Thanksgiving. That’s right, and for all of us living in the USA, it’s coming up next week. With that in mind, I’d love to hear about any interesting Thanksgiving traditions you’d care to share. No, I’m not talking about the usual: picking a fight with your obnoxious cousin, overeating or even falling asleep in front of the TV. I’m talkin’ S-E-X!

Let’s Talk Turkey

I know Thanksgiving’s kind of an asexual holiday, what with all those Pilgrims (and speaking of Pilgrims, can somebody tell me what was up with all those buckles?) and stuffing your face and listening to your uncle tell the same lame jokes. For most of you, Thanksgiving is about spending time with your family. And face it, nobody thinks about sex with their family around! Ewww!

Stuffing, Anyone?

Well I’m suggesting that we put “sex” into Thanksgiving. (Can you say “Sexsgiving”?) Try thinking happy, sexy thoughts on the third Thursday of November, and maybe, just maybe you won’t end up feeling like an overstuffed 10-year-old.

I Hope You Left Room for Dessert!

Here’s a really radical suggestion: try thinking about someone in your family as a sexual being. I don’t mean think of them as a sexual partner for you, per se—just allow that they CAN be sexual and that perhaps after everyone in the family has left and all the dishes have been washed and put away, they’ve gone upstairs with their partner, and looked into each other’s eyes with love and desire and begun to kiss…

Everything Tastes Better with Whipped Topping

Be happy for them; after all, Thanksgiving is about taking your fill.

Next Week: Dr. J’s annual Thanksgiving post.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home